I love collaborating with authors in my genre!
Here’s a little bit about me…
- I’m a USA Today bestselling author with 7+ years of publishing experience under my belt
- I have 12+ books out and 3 complete series
- I’m a queer author with a wife who tolerates the fact that I live in my head
- I’m from New York City, but I live in magical New Orleans now
- I’m a huge nerd. I’ll talk for hours about The Vampire Chronicles, Battlestar Galactica, Our Flag Means Death, True Blood, Marvel Movies, literally any Guy Ritchie movie…the list goes on…
- I LOVE dogs. Give me your unsolicited pet pics.
Now that you know me, here is a bit about my books:
- I write primarily poly (MMF) romances — that’s multi-partner romances where everyone ends up together (m/f pairings, m/m pairings, m/m/f pairings, etc)
- All my books are high heat with open-door sex scenes. We leave nothing to the imagination in this house
- My characters are kinky, but typically not incredibly dark
- There’s always a lot of humor, snark, and character-forward plots in my books
- I am an action-movie fan, so I do have a whole growing series of romantic suspense
- My primary subgenres are: contemporary romance, queer romance, spicy romance, romantic comedy, romantic suspense
- Some of my favorite tropes are: bi-awakening, bdsm, found family, brooding boys, grumpy x sunshine dynamics, enemies-to-lovers, friends-to-lovers
I’m specifically looking for these types of collaborations…
Newsletter swaps: I send out my newsletter every Friday and I feature 3-4 books in each newsletter. I absolutely LOVE to feature specifically queer, spicy, and/or poly contemporary romances and my readers love them too. Have a new release or a discount coming up? Let me know!
Multi-author collections & anthologies: My writing schedule is usually pretty tight, but somehow I still find myself tempted into group anthologies or book collections…
Charity events: The best thing we can do as authors is give back! I’ve been part of charity anthologies and auctions and would love to do as many as possible.
Editorial reviews: I’m not gonna lie, I’m a slow reader…but I do love to read! If you have a book you think I’d love, feel free to let me know and I’m happy to leave a review for it if I love it 🙂
Writing sprints / accountability partners: Gosh, we know this is a lonely profession. Always great to have someone to write with!
The best way to reach me is via email at adora(at)crooksbooks.com, or you can try to DM me on Instagram.
I look forward to hearing from you! XOXO – Adora
USA Today bestselling author of badass, steamy romances.
The average day in the life of Adora Crooks involves sobbing about fictional characters, spoiling her nutty mutts, and binge watching Netflix shows with her beloved. Adora lives off of coffee, chocolate, and book reviews. She resides in New Orleans and daydreams about dirty romances with happy-ever-afters.
- Grumpy billionaires
- Strong heroines
- Second chance romance
- Bisexual men
- Military men
- Single parent romance
- Poly romance
You can contact me at adora(at)crooksbooks.com. I’d love to hear from you!